The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was created to align the data privacy laws across all EU member states. GDPR will come into force in May 2018 and replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
The regulation takes on board all definitions of privacy and data that were introduced previously and acts to clarify and enhance these. In particular, the areas of unsolicited marketing, cookies and confidentiality are covered in a more specific context.
This workshop provides an overview of the the regulation and its key components, followed by a guide through an impact assessment process. Participants will use a case study to apply their understanding of an end-to-end impact assessment and key organisational touch points in more detail. The touch points will cover processes, policies, people and systems.
By attending this workshop you will:
- Understand the key components of GDPR
- Understand a framework for conducting a GDPR impact assessment
- Review a case study
Conduct an impact assessment of GDPR across:
- The organisation’s scope of services
- Define personal data for the organisation
- Identify the key GDPR touch points across the organisation’s
- Systems and infrastructure