The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was created to align the data privacy laws across all EU member states. GDPR will come into force in May 2018 and replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC
This workshop aims to focuses on covering the regulation and its key components and then walks participants through the impact assessment process. Once the framework is covered we will deep dive into a case study whereby we focus on the impact to international hotels that will process personal data of EU citizens. The participants will undertake an end to end impact assessment to assess the key regulatory touch points for a hotel.
The aim will be to cover processes, policies, people and systems and how these can be addressed to ensure compliance come May 2018.
Attending this workshop will enable you to:
- Understand the key components of the GDPR
- Understand a framework for conducting a GDPR impact assessment
- Review a case study: Hotel
- Conduct an impact assessment of the GDPR across:
- The Hotel’s scope of services
- Define personal data for this hotel
- Identify the key GDPR touch points
- Systems and infrastructure